Optics Balzers offers customized coating solutions and components using all the major optical plastics. Plastic enables new optical design methods, including:
- Cost savings due to reduced part counts and lower assembly time
- Aberration correction using aspheric lenses
- Integration of mechanical features with color correction surfaces (e.g. snap-in mounting features with Kinoforms)
- Diffractive surfaces for beam shaping of laser applications
- Significant cost economies over glass for high volume production.